When you begin your journey as a trader, you are putting your hard-earned capital at risk.
Often, the last thing a new trader thinks about is how to manage risk. Instead, they are thinking about getting perfect entries or how many trades they can find in a day. And very often they are thinking about how to spend their profits!
But managing risk should be the first item on a trader’s To-Do list. Ask any successful trader about their trading and they will speak about how they manage risk to achieve their goals. The head of the largest hedge fund in the world, Ray Dalio, writes in his book, “If you are not defensive, you are not going to keep money.”
Risk management is the foundation to successful trading. We at Evertrade FX want you to learn that through these lessons and not learn it by losing a big part of your trading account!
What does it mean to manage risk? How do we do it? This module gives you a solid risk-management plan in easy to digest lessons.
- Lesson 1 talks about the top three things you can do to control risk to be profitable and consistent.
- Lesson 2 focuses on “Risk Capital”. What do you need to do to be sure you are trading with money that is truly Risk Capital? Find out in Lesson 2!
- Lesson 3 is all about controlling the size of your trades, so you are risking a pre-defined percentage of your account for every trade. This is called “Position Sizing”. And FXAcademy has an easy way to calculate this for you. Find out where in Lesson 3!
- Lesson 4 looks at how to measure your profits and when to take them. We introduce the concept of the “Risk/Reward Ratio”. This concept should be behind every trade you place.
- Course Duration: 8 Weeks
- Course Sections: Evenings (5pm – 7pm) & Weekends (9am – 5pm)